Snelgrove trial

DownZero
Site Admin

Snelgrove trial

Postby DownZero » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 am

You can be a freeloader, goofing off on the taxpayer's dime. You can be a dirtbag. You can deserve to be fired from your job.

But that doesn't mean you are guilty of a criminal offence.

The result of this jury trial was entirely predictable from the moment she said (and I am paraphrasing): "I can't remember if I consented".

The fact that the protest/graffiti loving left are the first to abandon the concept of equality under the law, when it doesn't suit them, is appalling but unfortunately no more surprising than the result of the trial.
"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on." - Ulysses S. Grant

Spike

Re: Snelgrove trial

Postby Spike » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:55 pm

I have to agree with your assessment on this one. Bit of a douche bag for sure, but I don't think he should have been convicted either.

Bill

Postby Bill » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:15 pm

I agree too - it's not illegal to be an arsepick, and a wimpy one at that. But all the special snowflakes out there figure the rule of law shouldn't apply when it interferes with their world view I guess. Shades of the Jian Gnomeshi trial all over again....

MacD

Postby MacD » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:51 am

Should be canned though. You want this "Pussy hunter" responding to a woman in distress and alone. To my mind he had his plan laid out as soon as the woman asked him for help. He actions have hurt the RNC's reputation. The story has been given international coverage. Their response will determine if it is restored.

DownZero
Site Admin

Postby DownZero » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:00 pm

MacD wrote:Should be canned though. You want this "Pussy hunter" responding to a woman in distress and alone. To my mind he had his plan laid out as soon as the woman asked him for help. He actions have hurt the RNC's reputation. The story has been given international coverage. Their response will determine if it is restored.

While I agree that he is damaged beyond repair as far as his professional usefulness to the RNC is concerned, the question of whether he retains his employment (and what role he could possibly play if he stayed) is another question altogether and for which there is an entirely different process.
"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on." - Ulysses S. Grant

El_Prez

Postby El_Prez » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 pm

DownZero wrote:The fact that the protest/graffiti loving left are the first to abandon the concept of equality under the law, when it doesn't suit them, is appalling but unfortunately no more surprising than the result of the trial.

The piece of graffiti that got much attention was the "kill your local rapist" quote. So the best way to protest the verdict of a jury trial is to condone a heinous crime of murder?? Yeah, makes sense to me too.... :?

Beside the point, the guy is a class-A scumbag and will probably live a lonely life full of regret.

DownZero
Site Admin

Postby DownZero » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:58 am

'Thank you and I believe you': Card drive organized for complainant in RNC cop sexual assault trial

I believe her too. When she says he helped her in through a window, and she went around and let him in through the door, I believe her. When she says she cannot remember much of what happened, I believe her. When she says Snelgrove did not force himself on her, I believe her. When she says she can't remember whether she consented to sex, I totally believe her. I have no reason not to believe it.

Return to “Off Topics”